1. Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy and Date Protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
2. Personal Information the Website Collects
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
2.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. This site has the “anonymizeIp” option implemented, meaning your full IP address is never written to disk as explained further in Google Analytics documentation [https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=en]. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
2.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact Us page or any email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
3. Using Your Personal Information
3.1. The Personal Data of our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- 3.1.1. To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- 3.1.2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- 3.1.3. To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and conduct research (including creating statistical and testing information).
- 3.1.4. To allow us to contact you (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us that are similar to those that we have already provided to you or that we have a legitimate interest to contact you about, unless you have asked us not to do so. You can manage your preferences at any time via the preferencing page on our website or by contacting us.
- 3.1.5. To notify you about changes to our service.
- 3.1.6. To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- 3.1.7. To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- 3.1.8. To improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- 3.1.9 As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
- Contracted companies,
- Marketing and Market Research companies,
- Secure Online payment platforms.
4. Protecting Information
4.1. In accordance with the Data Protection Laws, we adopt strict security measures to protect your Personal Data.
4.2. All Personal Data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We also work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
4.3. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. If you have any reason to believe that your password may have been accessed by a third party, please contact us as soon as possible and we will take steps to reset that password.
4.4. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
4.5. In some circumstances we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
5.1. The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
5.2. We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
6. Further Information
6.1. We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly.
6.2. Please note that we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
7. Your Rights
7.1. The Data Protection Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. An access request may be subject to an administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You additionally have the right to ask for your Personal Data to be deleted or to be moved to another provider. These are sometimes referred to the ‘Right to Erasure’ and the ‘Right to Data Portability’.
7.2. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy about how we have dealt with your Personal Data. You can find the Information Commissioner’s Office’s website at https://ico.org.uk/